Aww how blessed we are, ever last beauty , full on bloom, red- green and many other colour mixtures has rarely seen around us. Copperleaf is one of shrub that is very fast growing (2 to 4 meters tall) in nature and originated from south pacific and Fiji regions.
Its heart -shaped leaves which are normally 4 to 8 inch long depends on the growth of a leave which latterly appears in many color combinations like green, purple, orange, copper, white, yellow and pink all the leaves are alternatively arranged in a simple manner.
During full summer and winters we can plant this as indoor which will effectively add a vibrant look to your home.
Its hair could grow up-to 8 inch long which differentiate as male and female flowers depending on its size. the male hairs are long and on the other hand female hairs are short.
Important key points are:
- Scientific name: Acalypha wilkesiana
- Family: Euphorbiaceae
- Country origin: South Pacific Islands and Fiji
- Plat height: 3:00 to 4:00 feet
- Width : 3 feet
- Plant type: annual
- Growth rate: medium
- Maintenance: medium required
- Soil requirements: well-drained soil
- Texture: rough
Capsule like fruit which contain hard seeds inside.
- Special climate: full sun and partial shady
- Propagation: by stem cutting
- Medicinal use: yes
- Cultivation status: ornamental and wild Common names : copper leaf ; copper plant, Jacob’s coat; lance copper leaf