When I saw this beautiful and bold flower for first time in the yard of my friend’s home, I was obsessed with the beauty of this flowering plant.
I was new to this flower so that I didn’t know the name of flower.
My friend saw my keenness and interest in the flowers and then she talked about the flower.
Purple Coneflower , yes….
Purple Coneflower is the name of this Beautiful flower…it’s as beautiful as it’s name.
Look at the flower, the pink petals along its center are making all together a Wow flower. I can spend hours with such a dazzling floruit.
Like me, many pollinators are fond of the purple Coneflower. Every year it produces a good crop of blooms that usually stay for a week at least. I appreciate the fact that it’s foliage and flower are making a good meal to many living things. this is the reason, I love Coneflower the most.
Believe me, it’s a Hassel free flower that love to bloom for a longer period. It’s a must try flower which will let you enjoy it’s happy colors throughout the season.
Key points :
• Scientific Name : Echinacea Purpurea
• Family : Asteraceae
• Native area : eastern North America
• Plant type : perineal plant
• Height : 2 to 4 feet
• Blooming season : June and October
• Flowers: purple, pink, white and cone shaped,
• Leaves- pinkish in color
• Sun light requirements: 6 to 8 hours of sun per day
• Season to plant Coneflower: spring
• Soil conditions: Moist and well drained soil
• Water conditions: moderate watering
• Maintenance : very low
• Common names : eastern purple Coneflower, Indian head, snakeroot, Echinacea, narrow leaved purple Coneflower, scurvy root, hedgehog Coneflower